Dr. OMAR ABU-BAKR
UK specialist varicose veins treatment
Over 30 certificates in Phlebology (varicose vein treatment).
- Specialist doctor in General Surgery.
- General ultrasonographer.
- Full registered surgeon in The General Medical Council of The United Kingdom.
- Over 30 certificates in Phlebology.
- Member of The American College of Phlebology.
- Member in The International Union of Phlebology.
- Member of The European Venous Forum.
UK Specialist varicose veins treatment
The treatment of varicose veins is one which varies and depends on the case. So the concept of "golden way of treatment" is wrong.
Establishing the most effective treatment method must necessarily start with a thorough ultrasound-doppler scan that will establish the diagnosis as well as the vein/veins underlying and causing the problem, we will also be able to know the characteristics of these veins including their diameter, content (whether or not containing blood clots), the relationship between these veins to the skin and to the deep venous system, nervs, tendons, etc. After we have all these information we can tailor the best treatment plan for that case.
Treatment methods may range from simple sclerotherapy injections (sclerotherapy), ultrasound-guided foam sclerotherapy, Endovenoses Laser Ablation (EVLA), Endovenous Microwave Ablation, micro-Phlebectomies (Eliminating the big branches of the main veins through small incisions of about 2-3 mm) or combinations between these methods that are adjusted according to the needs of each case.